Tsuut'ina Seven Chiefs Sports Plex
SEVEN CHIEFS SPORTSPLEX/CHIEF JIM STARLIGHT COMMUNITY CENTRE
TITLE: Janitor (Contract – Part-Time/On-Call)
DEPARTMENT: SEVEN CHIEFS SPORTSPLEX/CHIEF JIM STARLIGHT COMMUNITY CENTRE
REPORTS TO: BUILDING OPERATIONS MANAGER, S.C.S/C.J.S.C.C
The Custodian/Maintenance is responsible for maintaining the building and grounds of the Seven Chief Sportsplex and Chief Jim Starlight Centre. The Custodian/Maintenance performs tasks relating to regular maintenance, janitorial services and grounds keeping ensure that building and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
· Clean building floors by sweeping, moping, scrubbing or vacuuming on a daily basis
· Gather and empty trash regularly
· Service, clean thoroughly, and regularly supply restrooms
· Clean and polish furniture and fixtures
· Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using disinfectant/glass cleaners
· Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment
· Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications regularly
· Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors
· Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
· Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors before operating hours, locking doors after operating hours, and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created
· Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies
· Mow and trip lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds
· Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems
· Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and shovels and spread snow melting chemicals
· Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
· Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings
· It is the responsibility of the Custodian/Maintenance worker to ensure that all cleaning to be performed to the satisfaction of Public Health Canada, as well as the Building Operation Manager.
· Must have general knowledge of building maintenance, electrical work, custodial duties, etc.
· Must have general knowledge of housekeeping skills (i.e.: sweeping, mopping and polishing floors and other duties)
· Minimum or Grade 10 relevant work experience
· Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
· Must provide Criminal and Vulnerable Sector check upon hire
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: January 21, 2021
Competition Closes: February 4, 2021
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
Please include department in subject line.