Tsuutina Roads Maintenance Program
**Heavy Equipment Operator**
Department: Tsuut’ina Roads Maintenance Program
Position: Heavy Equipment Operator (On Call)
Reports to: Roads Manager
ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Operate all heavy equipment, plow/sander trucks, and one ton plow trucks in a safe and efficient way according to all policies and procedures
· Must be able to operate any of the following equipment in a safe productive manner:
· John Deere, Kobelco Excavator’s
· Caterpillar 140m, John Deere 770D Motor Grader’s
· Western Star 18 speed Plow/Sander truck (snow removal)
· International single axle Plow/Sander truck (snow removal)
· One ton plow trucks (snow removal)
· Be compliant with all regulatory requirements and established safe practices, such as PPE, 3-Point contact, lockouts, and safe parking.
· Demonstrate skill in the identification of key hazards and use of strategies to work safely such as stability of machine, awareness of position, clearance, safe movement, other machinery/vehicles/workers.
· Start-up and shut down of equipment safely, by following comprehensive pre-operational checks.
· Maintain and monitor equipment, following maintenance procedures monitoring gauges.
· Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and / or required
· Advise foreman and mechanics of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
· Practice work place safe
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in heavy equipment
· Certified class 1, 3, and 5 license with clean drivers abstract
· Tickets required; WHIMS, First Aid, Air Brakes, Bear awareness
· Must be able to communicate well with co-workers
· Must be able to work under pressure
· Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety polices
If you are a successful candidate you must provide proof of COVID vaccination, or you may select to produce a negative PCR (molecular polymerase chain reaction) or rapid test result, date-stamped within 72 hours of every scheduled work day/shift, on an ongoing basis starting on December 14, 2021. These tests will be paid for by the employee.
Employees who are unable to get vaccinated due to medical reasons may request an exemption and accommodation, upon providing written confirmation from a registered physician that they are unable to get vaccinated due to medical reasons.
Depending on your position – a Vulnerable Sector check may be required upon application from all provinces, states or countries lived in for the last four years. Vulnerable Sector checks must be completed within the past month.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: December 22nd,2021
Competition Closes: January 21st,2022 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
Fax: (403) 238-6125
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com