Tsuut'ina Roads Maintenance Program
ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all policies and procedures
· Must be able to operate any of the following equipment in a safe productive manner:
· John Deere, Kobelco Excavator’s
· Dyna-Pac packer
· Caterpillar 140m, John Deere 770D Motor Grader’s
· Western Star 18 speed Plow/Saner truck (snow removal)
· International single axle Gravel/Water truck (summer) Plow/Sanders truck (snow removal)
· Takeuchi TL 150 (bobcat) with various attachments
· Terex 760 Back Hoe
· Sterling Gravel truck with tri-axle equipment trailer (haul heavy equipment)
· Be compliant with all regulatory requirements and established safe practices, such as PPE, 3-Point contact, lockouts, and safe parking.
· Demonstrate skill in the identification of key hazards and use of strategies to work safely Such as Stability of soils, edges, excavations, stability of machine, awareness of position, Clearance, safe movement, other machinery/vehicles/workers.
· Start-up and shut down of equipment safely, by following comprehensive pre-operational Checks.
· Maintain and monitor equipment, following maintenance procedures monitoring gauges.
· Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and / or required
· Advise foreman and mechanics of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
· Practice work place safety
· Understand ground disturbance permits and process
· Other duties may be assigned such as flagging , Labourer
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in heavy civil construction
· Certified class 1 license with clean drivers abstract
· Tickets required; HEO Ground Disturbance, WHIMIS Flagging, First Aid, TDG, CSTS, RSTS, ATTC, Air Brakes. Bear awareness.
· Must be able to communicate well with co-workers
· Must be able to work under pressure
· Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety polices
Competition Open: April 26, 2021
Competition Close: May 10, 2021
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Department
**We thank all interested applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.