Tsuutina Public Works
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Office Coordinator is a senior professional, responsible for the overall operations of the administration office for Tsuut’ina Public Works. The individual will be required to administer and enforce current Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources operating policies and procedures. They shall oversee the day-to-day administration of personnel and maintain effective business operations for the Tsuut’ina Nation Public Works.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Report directly to Director of Operations
· Assist with new hire orientation and onboarding processes
· Work with the team on initiatives to help maintain and improve processes
· Matching and placing of qualified candidates on temporary assignments
· Provide administrative support to the managers and office staff team and ensure that administrative matters are organized and dealt with in a professional manner.
· Establish and maintain files and records
· To provide mentorship for apprenticeship program participants and assist in creating apprenticeship training schedules with signed employee training agreements.
Communicate the goals, objectives and guidelines of the Public Works program to the office staff team
Meet with Department Leaders to create accurate job descriptions, review the specific goals and objectives for each position and the employee evaluation process requirements
Meet with each Department Leader periodically to evaluate how each Apprentice/team-member is progressing
Act as the main point of contact and support for both Management, supervisors and support staff
· To assist the Public Works Director of Operations, Executive Director Public Works and the Finance Manager, as applicable, with program related information.
· To provide public works information to Tsuut’ina Nation members, as requested.
· To carry out other related duties as assigned from time to time by Director of Operations
· Assist in policy and procedure development
Skill and Competency Requirements:
Demonstrate appropriate customer-care skills such as empathy, active listening, courtesy, politeness, helpfulness and other skills as identified
Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
Great attitude that aligns with our culture of working as a team, keeping our promises and getting better every day
Ability to effectively manage time
Ability to multi task
Ability to maintain high level of punctuality and consistent, reliable attendance standards
Process-oriented mindset focused on continuous improvement, excellent problem-solving skills
Collaborative work style, able to work well within and across departments
Ability to enter data accurately at a given speed
Strong typing and computer skills
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Experience in the office coordinator or;
At least 5 years of administrative experience
Human Resources experience
Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation required
Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality
Must provide a Criminal Record Check