Tsuutina Public Works
The Custodian is responsible for the general cleanliness and maintenance of the Public Works building and grounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Sweep, dust and vacuum the stairs and landings.
· Dust all blinds.
· Vacuum walk-way mats, clean entrance and lobby.
· Clean, disinfect, and provision washrooms.
· Wipe counters; empty, clean waste receptacles; dust the furniture and baseboards.
· Spot clean interior glass, walls and partitions, doors.
· Sweep uncarpeted floors.
· During the winter months, the floors should be damp mopped as necessary for a clean appearance.
· Carry in heavy supplies as required.
· Lawn cutting as required.
· Outdoor window cleaning as required.
· Yard cleaning as required.
· Snow removal as required in winter months.
· Counters are to be polished; rugs and carpeting vacuumed; stairs and landings damp mopped; walk-way mats shampooed; and furniture spot cleaned.
· Periodic furnace inspections as required.
· Spray buff high traffic floor areas every two weeks.
· Furnishings to be vacuumed.
· Scrub and refinish floors, wash interior glass every three months.
· Inside and outside windows are to be cleaned at least twice annually, preferably in spring and fall.
· Drapes should be cleaned or replaced as necessary.
· It is the responsibility of the maintenance worker to ensure that all cleaning be performed to the satisfaction of Health Canada, as well as the Executive Director Public Works.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIRMENTS:
· Must have general knowledge of building maintenance, electrical work,
· Must have general knowledge of housekeeping skills. i.e.; washing and care of floors, polishing, mopping and other duties.
· Must have a general knowledge on upkeep of yard maintenance.
· Must be flexible in work hours due to dual responsibility as security and maintenance.
· Must have a valid Alberta Driver’s License.
· Must be physically fit.
· Minimum of grade 12 or relevant work experience.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess a positive attitude regarding public relations with the Tsuu T’ina members and staff.
· Ability to understand and promote confidentiality as a norm.
· Must be willing to obtain further training and education as required.
· Must be self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision.
· Must be consistent, reliable and responsible.
· Ability to work and communicate effectively within a team environment
SALARY: To Commensurate with education and experience