Tsuut'ina Nation Seven Chiefs Sportsplex
The Fitness Assistant is responsible for ensuring the Seven Chiefs Sportsplex fitness center is maintained to the highest levels. This includes developing and maintaining a safe, financially healthy facility that has a great Culture for both members and Associates. This position could also be mentored to become a Personal Trainer and/or group exercise instructor.
We strive to adapt to community needs and ensure that our programs and facilities can be assessed by all who need them. Seven Chiefs Sportsplex staff firmly believe that they are creating a positive impact in the community through their work at the Fitness Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Reporting to the Manager of Fitness, this part-time position will support the fitness department by:
• Instructing a variety of drop-in cardio and strength-based classes, as well as providing safe and personalized fitness programs for personal training clients.
• Providing instruction to new and existing members through safe practice weight-floor orientations, actively monitoring the weight floor and various department cleaning tasks.
• Acting as a shift lead by role modeling excellent practices and by mentoring fitness staff and volunteers. In addition, supporting the department with other duties and tasks as assigned by the Fitness Manager
• Identifying the needs and wants of members/participants as a priority and responding in an effective and timely manner
• Delivering a variety of fitness class instruction and personal training duties as outlined by the Manager of Fitness
• Demonstrating how to use the cardio, strength and conditioning equipment and machines to members
• Engaging with members to build positive relationships and role model appropriate behaviors
• Actively scanning and monitoring the fitness center to ensure equipment is clean, in good repair, and safety hazards are identified/removed
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• Being available to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
We strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals. The successful candidate will have the following:
• Completed, or currently obtaining a diploma or degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or a fitness related program would be an asset.
• Experience in a fitness or exercise related field
• Personal Training Certification- CSEP-CPT, AFLCA or Can Fit Pro would be considered an asset
• Group Fitness Instructor Certification considered an asset- Cycle, Yoga, Aqua-fit, Zumba, TRX
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certifications
• Evidence of a clear Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Intervention Check
• Three professional references required
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6