TSUUT’INA NATION ENTERPRISES - TSUUT'INA GAS STOP
URGENT ON CALL CONTRACT
Department: Tsuut’ina Gas Stop
Reports to: Manager
Competition Opens: November 25, 2020
Competition Closes: ON GOING
Send Resume to: email@example.com
The Janitor is responsible for cleaning and disinfecting common areas inside and outside the Gas Stop. Including, removing debris, and keeping areas neat and tidy. The Janitor completes daily, in a timely and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Clean, dust and polish furniture and fittings
• Vacuum, sweep, mop, scrub and polish floors, shampoo carpets and rugs, and strip wax and polish as required
• Clean walls and windows
• Clean and disinfect kitchens, washrooms and other common areas
• Empty and clean waste containers.
• Vacuum walkway mats, maintain a clean entrance.
• Complete seasonal interior and exterior cleaning duties
• Clean pumps and exterior areas
• Follow safe work practices and WHMIS guidelines
• Other duties as assigned by the Facility Manager
• General knowledge of housekeeping skills, ie; washing and care of floors, polishing, mopping and other duties• Previous experience in a cleaning or janitorial role is preferred
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
• Completed WHMIS certificate is required
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and interact positively with customers and staff
• Proven consistency and reliability
• Ability to understand and promote confidentiality
• Must be willing to obtain further training as required
• Must be bondable and successfully complete a security clearance
• Must be prepared to provide a current (6 months or less) Criminal Record Check
• Must be prepared to abide by Tsuut’ina HR policy including drug testing.
• Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org