Tsuut'ina Nation Education
Tsuut’ina Education Department
Title: School Receptionist
Department: Chief Big Belly Middle School
Reports to: Principal, Director of Education
Designation: 9 month – Contract Position
To provide confidential reception support for Chief Big Belly Middle School reporting to the Principal and Director of Education.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ensure that the reception area is organized and maintained to provide a professional environment consistent with acceptable standards of an office atmosphere.
• Perform all duties in accordance with Tsuut’ina Nation Administrative Policies and Procedures.
• Screen all incoming calls for Chief Big Belly Middle School and relay accurate messages to respective school personnel.
• Must perform the following office duties: Organize and maintain files, sort and distribute mail, typing and some data entry and document distribution.
• Order and maintain office supplies.
• Maintain professional and positive relationships with all community members, parents, staff, students and visitors.
• Perform additional duties as directed by the Principal.
• Report to work no later than 8:00 a.m. and leave no earlier than 4:00 p.m.
• Grade 12 or equivalent – Reception experience preferred.
• Must possess exemplary interpersonal skills and positive attitude regarding Public Relations with the Tsuut’ina Nation members, parents and staff.
• Must be able to take direction and be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be reliable and punctual.
• Must sign an “Oath of Confidentiality”.
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must provide a Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Welfare Clearance.
• Must provide 3 references
• High degree of proficiency in office computer applications such as word processing, publishing and presentation applications, email and other information management tools.
• Strong data entry skills with an emphasis on accuracy.
• Ability to multi task and work with continuous interruptions.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Strong time management, prioritization, multitasking and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal and strong verbal, listening and written communication skills combined with the ability to speak with confidence.
• Strong conflict management skills.
• Professionalism, tact, courtesy and diplomacy skills.
• Ability to deal with sensitive and discretionary matters and maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently under general supervision.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Department 9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
Competition Opens: October 1, 2020
Competition Closes: October 10, 2020