Tsuut'ina Nation Education
Tsuut’ina Education Department
Online/Blended Learning Teacher – Chiila Elementary
Title: 2 On-line/Blended Learning Chiila Elementary School Teacher’s
Department: Tsuut’ina Education
Reports to: Principal/Director of Education
Designation: 10 month – Full-time
Salary Range: $46,354 to $95,497
The online/blended teacher will collaboratively plan with the homeroom teachers to deliver online learning for students working from home as well as provide blended learning support for students on campus. The primary focus will be on Grade K5-4 students. Working collaboratively in a team environment, demonstrate strong commitment to the planning and delivery of online support. Instruction and report directly to the Principal.
TEACHER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Helps lead school-wide efforts to improve online/blended learning.
• Collaborate with school administration, homeroom teachers, specialist teachers and support to implement the Alberta Program of Studies.
• Utilize a variety of effective teaching and assessment practices in support of student achievement, particular emphasis on literacy and numeracy.
• Conduct formative and summative assessment of students; communicate growth and achievement to parents.
• Understand each students learning abilities and apply diverse learning experiences and strategies to support their learning.
• Maintain effective communication with parents, colleagues and students.
• Facilitate developmentally appropriate and integrated technology learning experiences.
• Leadership – the online teacher must be a strong leader, able to maintain virtual classroom discipline and successfully guide students through lesson plans.
• Motivational Skills – the online teacher must use motivational skills and strategies to encourage students to learn and keep them engaged in their own education.
• Communication Skills – the online teacher must have strong verbal and written communication skills to instruct and educate students, evaluate written work and deliver reports to parents relative to the student’s academic progress.
• Computer Technology Skills – because of the internet-based nature of the job, the online teacher must have excellent computer skills and be proficient with a variety of types of computers.
• Analytical Skills – the online teacher must use analytical skills to evaluate student work and ongoing student progress.
• Official undergraduate and / or graduate transcripts.
• Student Teaching Evaluations (beginning Teacher) OR Current teaching Evaluations (Experienced Teacher).
• Cover Letter and Resume.
• Current Letter of Reference (3).
• Valid Teaching Certificate *(photocopy).
• Valid Trade Certificate *(if applicable).
• Vulnerable Sector Check.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Department 9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
Competition Opens: October 1, 2020
Competition Closes: October 10, 2020