Tsuut'ina Nation Education
EDUCATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Reports to: Chief and Council
The purpose of the Tsuut’ina Nation Education Board of Directors is to represent Tsuut’ina Nation Citizenship in matters concerning the educational goals, plans, and directions of Tsuut’ina Nation for both the children and adults of the Nation, consistent with the Education Act. The services provided by the Tsuut’ina Nation Education Board of Directors shall be carried out in a manner as to respect the culture of the Tsuut’ina Nation, including its traditions, language, lifestyle and the relevance of the extended family for duration of term.
The Tsuut’ina Nation is currently seeking to replace 3 Board Trustee positions for the Education Department.
The Board of Directors will govern the Tsuut’ina Education system in accordance with the Act and any applicable legislation as well as all policies established by the Board and Tsuut’ina Nation. The directors will be appointed by Tsuut’ina Nation Chief and Council. Applicants are required to submit an application through the Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Department.
• Human Resources will review the applications and then determine suitable candidate based on qualifications
• Human Resources will provide a list of qualified applicants to Chief and Council
• Chief and Council will select the Board of Director Trustee from the list of qualified applicants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings
• Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
• Establish board vision of policy for Education
• Acts to ensure that the goals that have been establish are being met within the traditional cultural and values of Tsuut’ina
• Willing undertake required courses and training in Education offered through the province of Alberta
The Board of Directors will be made up of 5 individuals, who must possess the following qualifications:
• A current Vulnerable Sector Check with no convictions, preferably within the past 6 months; Must be Submitted with application.
• Some work related experience in the area of Education
• Grade 12 or Equivalent
• A Citizen of the Tsuut’ina Nation.
Competition Open: September 10, 2020
Competition Close: October 15, 2020
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Department 9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuut’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
Phone: (403) 238-6127 Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.