Tsuut'ina Nation Education
Tsuut’ina Education Department
Custodian / General Maintenance
Title: Custodian / General Maintenance
Department: All Schools
Reports to: Custodian
Designation 12 months, Contract Position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sweep, dust and vacuum all assigned areas.
• Vacuum walk-way mats, clean entrance and lobby.
• Clean, disinfect and provision washrooms.
• Wipe counters; empty and clean waste receptacles; dust furniture and baseboards.
• Spot clean interior glass, walls, partitions and doors.
• During the winter months, damp mop floors as necessary for safety and cleanliness.
• Load / unload supplies as necessary.
• Outside yard duties, snow removal and maintenance as assigned.
• Periodic furnace inspections as required.
• Spray buff high traffic floor areas as needed.
• Clean staff lunch rooms including appliances.
• Wash windows.
• Provide regular maintenance to school areas, furnishings or custodial equipment.
• Respond to maintenance requests as they arise and work with head custodian to bring contractors in when required.
• Perform annual / regular cleaning or maintenance requirements as per schedule.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of Grade 12 or relevant work experience.
• Must have general knowledge of building maintenance and electrical work.
• Must have general knowledge of housekeeping skills, ie; washing and care of floors, polishing, mopping and other duties.
• Must have general knowledge on upkeep of yard maintenance.
• Must be flexible in work hours to accommodate school schedules.
• Must have a valid Alberta Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
• Must be physically fit.
• Must have completed WHMIS training or be willing to go to WHMIS training.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess a positive attitude toward children, Tsuut’ina members and staff.
• Must be consistent, reliable and responsible.
• Must be willing to obtain further training and education as required.
• Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision.
• Must have security clearance.
Basic Knowledge of hand and power tools, ground maintenance equipment, cleaning equipment (including floor washers, buffers, etc.) plumbing and electrical systems computer skills.
Demonstrate ethical and confidential behavior, demonstrate appropriate and independent use of time, maintains effective working relationships with staff, students, community members and supervisory skills.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Department 9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
Competition Opens: October 1, 2020
Competition Closes: October 10, 2020