Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounts Payable Supervisor is a very hands-on role, and is responsible for accurate and timely processing of payables for multiple departments. They must adhere to all Nation policies and procedures regarding disbursement of Nation funds. The position is ideally for someone that enjoys working in a fast paced high volume environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train / Coach / Manage staff that are responsible for daily batching and accounts payable processing inside and outside the department.
- Supervise the work flow and delegate duties related to cheques printing and cheque sign-out sheets (Nation payables released every Friday per Finance policy)
- EFT file payments acquiring proper signatory of cheques based on bank account
sorting cheques and remittance stubs for distribution forward paper backup (cheque backup, cash requirements forecast, void cheques/invoices, etc.) to Filing Clerk
- Maintain re-occurring payables and utility payments
- Reconcile supplier accounts and statements
- Work with supplier contacts directly as needed regarding all Nation accounts for reconciliation and ensure all outstanding bills are paid on time and in accordance with the Finance department policies
- Work with Controllers to follow up with program purchase order reconciliation
- Void and/or reissue cheques and invoices as required
- Enter and maintain supplies codes and community data base members
- Support updated processes in consultation with the Director of Finance
- Other related duties as assigned by the Director of Finance or the Executive Director of Finance
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of Grade 12 education or equivalent related work experience with some accounting and bookkeeping training
- A valid Alberta driver’s license and reliable transportation is required
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel and Word
- Must be willing to work towards the Accelerated Accounting Certificate or equivalent
- Oath of Confidentiality and Criminal Record Check required
- Must be knowledgeable in Finance procedures and Tsuut’ina Nation HR policies
- Knowledge of Xyntax Accounting System
- Punctual with reliable attendance
- Must posses exemplary interpersonal skills and positive attitude regarding public relations
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a team environment
- Must be knowledgeable, organized and take own initiative in office procedures
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision
Please submit your resume to email@example.com, stating the position title in the subject line of the email.
This posting will be active until October 1, 2020.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org