Website Tsuut'ina Nation
The Account Payable Clerk works under the supervision of the Account Payable Supervisor. Responsibilities include processing purchase orders, supplier invoices and payments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifying completeness of supporting documentation and accuracy of input for batched cheque requisitions.
- Reviewing payables back up for consistency and appropriateness of GL coding.
- Batching recurring invoices for utilities, various allowances and specific vendors.
- Obtain approvals and signatures on purchase orders and cheque requisitions.
- Cutting and sorting cheques for settlement of accounts payable.
- Archiving closed purchase orders and updating committed funds.
- Reconciling supplier statements to accounts payable records.
- Compiling/copying/scanning supporting documents for year-end accruals or to maintain records of transactions processed.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 Education required
- Certificate or Diploma in accounting related field preferred
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles and finance policies
- Self-motivated and ability to problem solve
- Proven reliability and punctuality
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Must have extremely high attention to detail
- Ability to organize work to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Advanced knowledge of Xyntax and MS Excel
- Confidentiality is an expectation in the role and an oath of confidentiality is required
- Must submit a criminal record check