Website Tsuut'ina Nation
Grey Eagle Resort & Casino Job Posting Alert: Hotel Chef de Partie – Job ID J0820-0223
Organization: Tsuu T’ina Hospitality
Job Title: Hotel Chef de Partie
Job Type: Permanent Part Time
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hotel Chef de Partie
Come… Enjoy… Work in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Located on the Tsuut’ina First Nation, Grey Eagle Resort & Casino is Calgary’s number one entertainment facility. We are looking for talented, energetic and motivated individuals to join our diverse workforce! We offer competitive salaries, benefits and opportunities to grow your career.
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, or Sous Chef, the Chef De Partie is responsible to lead, coach, motivate and oversee all staff and aspects of the Food & Beverage departmental operations pertaining to the back of house during a prescribed shift. This is a full time hands-on supervisory position and includes establishing priorities, developing plans, and ensuring work quality is maintained by staff. The Chef De Partie is required to take all necessary precautions to protect the safety and health of workers and ensure that safe work practices are developed and adhered to. Other duties of this position include coordinating the activities of employees doing various tasks within the department. Responsibilities include assisting the Executive Chef and Sous Chef in areas including scheduling, training, ongoing employee development, performance management and appraisal, establishing work standards and monitoring performance. In consultation with the Executive Chef and Human Resources, the incumbent will participate in recruitment and issuing discipline within established guidelines. This position involves frequent standing and walking as well as lengthy periods of concentration and analysis when developing reports, preparing schedules and correspondence and assessing management and operational requirements.
Education and Experience:
• The incumbent is required to possess a Red Seal certificate along with 2-3 years’ experience in a progressive lead role or supervisory capacity of a large volume foodservice operation.
• Health and Safety Certificate.
• A Post-Secondary education in a recognized Hospitality or Culinary Management program is required.
• Training in Outlook Express, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) is required.
• The incumbent will have ongoing experience in a progressive lead role or kitchen supervisory position with practical hands on knowledge and experience in all facets of the Food & Beverage operations.
• Specific Hotel and Banquet food and beverage operational experience would be an asset with an understanding of menu design, inventory control and food cost practices and procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required in order to promote, maintain, and deliver impeccable service standards at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
-Ability to work and thrive in a team oriented environment, and be able to function independently also
-Ability to work in a physically demanding area and be familiar with a high-volume, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
-Able to be flexible with shifts
-Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.No phone calls please.
* Priority will be given to Tsuut’ina Nation members.
• Chef De Parte
• Cooking (Trade)
• Food Safety
• Kitchen sanitization practices
• Managing Others
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Outlook
• Microsoft PowerPoint
• Microsoft Word
• Standard First Aid
To apply click on the link below: