Tsuut'ina Nation Administration
Tsuut’ina Nation is a strong and proud First Nation committed to enhancing the quality of life for its citizens today and for future generations. In order to support its progressive growth Tsuut’ina Nation is seeking a CPA for a Divisional Controller position.
The Divisional Controller position requires a hands-on professional that can thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment with a continuously evolving structure. The position is best suited for someone who has a solid understanding of transactional accounting processes, is experienced in applying professional judgement in varying circumstances, exceptionally strong interpersonal skills, strong character and superior attention to detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for accurate and timely maintenance of the general ledger for multiple programs. Performs complex reconciliations, investigates discrepancies and prepares supported adjustments.
· Work closely with Program Managers and their respective Executive Directors to prepare, monitor and project budgets.
· Prepares budget to actual analysis and provides recommendations that meet the needs of the manager and funding agreement.
· Ensure spending and reporting complies with various contractual agreements, internal controls and sound financial management principles and practices.
· Prepare accurate reconciliations and financial reports for multiple programs sometimes with tight deadlines.
· Attend management meetings as required to speak to forecasts and variances for assigned programs
· Approval of vendor invoices, payroll and other transactional accounting entries for multiple programs.
· Preparation of year-end audit working papers, financial statements and all other financial reports required by external parties.
· Other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Finance.
· Must hold a CPA designation and be in good standing.
· Preference will be given to those candidates with public practice experience in a small to mid-size firm.
· Strong problem solving skills; application of professional judgement, ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and application in a practical manner.
· Demonstrated experience handling multiple priorities and time management skills
· Experience with full cycle accounting systems and proficient in Microsoft Excel.
· Ability to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and handle changing priorities with composure.
· Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to build relationships, deliver financial information to non-financial audiences and deliver messages with tact.
· Experience working with First Nations communities is an asset.
· Experience working with Xyntax accounting software is an asset.
· A valid Alberta driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
· Must be prepared to provide a current CPIC.
· Must be prepared to abide by Tsuut’ina HR policy including drug testing.
· Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: July 17, 2020
Competition Closes: July 31, 2020
Please submit your resume, with the job title in the subject line to:
Tsuu T’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
Phone: (403) 238-6127
Fax: (403) 238-6125
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.