Website TSUUT'INA NATION
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT – MATERNITY LEAVE CONTRACT
Tsuut’ina Nation is a strong and proud First Nation committed to enhancing the quality of life for its citizens today and for future generations. In order to support its growth, Tsuut’ina Nation is seeking a Receptionist (1) for the Human Resource department. This is a maternity coverage for up to one year and will begin as a part-time (21 hours per week) role and may develop into a full-time position.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The HR Receptionist is the first point of contact with visitors and aids individuals requesting HR services. The Receptionist responds to routine questions; providing general HR information; answering the main phone line; booking boardrooms; and performing general clerical duties such as: word processing, filing, data entry, and various administrative tasks as assigned by the HR Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Reports to the Human Resources Director
· Responds to visitors with professionalism. respect, and friendly attitude (on phone and in person)
· Ability to use photocopier, fax machine, etc.
· Answer telephone and route calls promptly, relay messages or redirect inquiries as required
· Greet visitors and notify appropriate individuals
· Receive, sort and promptly distribute mail to all department heads
· Arrange for photocopies, courier pick-up and deliveries, and out-going mail, faxes
· Assist the HR Executive Assistant when needed
· Ability to work in a dynamic and busy working environment
· Responsible to keep reception area clean and well supplied
· Maintaining Mail, Receivables, and Boardroom logs
· All other duties assigned by Human Resources Director
· Grade 12 education or equivalent.
· Office Administration Certification Program is an asset
· Pleasant telephone and in-person manner and voice.
· Careful attention to office duties and willing to pitch in to help co-workers when necessary
· Acceptance and prompt execution of all work assignments, especially detail-oriented tasks.
· Must be a well-organized individual
· A valid Alberta driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
· Must be prepared to provide a current (6 months or less) Criminal Record Check
· Must be prepared to abide by Tsuut’ina HR policy including drug testing.
· Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality
· Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, software.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Closes: August 7, 2020
Interested applicants may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, please include “Human Resources Receptionist” in the email subject line:
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.