Website Tsuut'ina Nation
Reliable Coordinator/Dispatcher sets up and structures routes to meet scheduled start times of schools. Intake of all busing registration. Handles and reports all busing and student incidents that occur during transportation to and from school. Answer phones during the stated hours, taking messages from parents/ guardians and communicating to the appropriate people, either on the two-way radio, by text, telephone or on paper. Updating the Tsuut’ina Busing Facebook page, and the appropriate late bus apps. The successful candidate for this position needs to be able to adjust to last minute changes and work with drivers to ensure communication is delivered quickly and reliably to ensure bus routes run smoothly and in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Enforcing Nation and Contractor transportation policies and procedures.
· Answer phones and relay messages to appropriate people including bus drivers, principals, parents/guardians, etc. Returning phone calls and messages in a timely manner.
· Resolve incidents, complaints and student misconducts. Assist bus diver with student management.
· Evaluate and develop safe and efficient routing. Effect route changes to accommodate student relocations, changing school times and road closures, etc.
· Complete Nation and Contractors reports, payroll and other administrative duties for transportation department.
· Monitor and Discipline drivers as required.
· Recruit and Hire Drivers.
· Schedule driving training, school bus evacuation drills and safety meetings.
· Ensure buses safety inspections and annual maintenance is completed.
· Answer phones a relay messages to appropriate people including bus drivers, principals, parents/guardians, etc.
· Use two-way radio and computer programs as part of the communication process. (training provided).
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum of Grade 12 or relevant work experience.
· The ability to stay calm and professional when working with children, parents/guardian.
· Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
· Must be able to take clear legible, and detailed notes.
· Strong knowledge of the roadways throughout the immediate area.
· Ability to work in a team environment in high pressure situations.
· Vulnerable sector check must be submitted with application.
· Must have a reliable vehicle and a clean driver’s record.
· Basic computer skills.
· Training will be provided on how to use the two-way radio and appropriate computer programs.
Demonstrate ethical and confidential behavior, demonstrates appropriate and independent use of time, maintains effective working relationships with staff, students, community.