The Tsuut’ina Education Department PowerSchool Coordinator is responsible for providing the technical administration of PowerSchool, PowerTeacher Pro, and any other additional modules as needed, as well as systems administration and data integration with other student information systems such as PASI. The incumbent has ongoing responsibilities of becoming proficient at managing software and security improvements through collaborating with other key staff within our team environment. In order to be considered for an interview, you must provide a clear and current vulnerable sector check with your application. Please note that these are taking several weeks to process. If you are interested in this role, please ensure you apply for a vulnerable sector check with your local police station immediately.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Coordinate day-to-day operations of the PowerSchool system.
· Act as a liaison with end-users and internal and external support staff to ensure that all data entry is completed accurately and in a timely manner so that the information system use will be accurate and effective.
· Provide Help Desk support to end users.
· Perform all necessary activities related to data extraction and reporting for District, Provincial, and Federal accountability and funding requirements.
· Review, verify, and extract student data related to attendance, course marks, and other relevant student information, needed for a variety of reporting functions.
· Work with technical support staff as needed to ensure the latest versions of all modules related to the program are maintained.
· Maintain the current PowerSchool and PowerTeacher Pro environments, including user accounts and security groups/roles.
· Assist with the development and implementation of the annual Schedule of Operations according to defined requirements.
· Contribute to the development of policies and procedures related to the use and security of the Student Information System.
· Continue to actively participate in professional learning opportunities related to using
· Work with Provincial Liaison Workers, Administrative Support, and School Districts to assist in completing and submitting Nominal Roll.
· Flexibility to work weekends, evenings, and outside of regular school hours to support and resolve any technical service issues or updates to the system.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· Certification/training from an accredited post-secondary institution in computer science, database administration, data analytics, information systems related to learning systems platforms or other relevant fields and/or equivalent experience and/or certifications.
· Training and experience related to the use of PowerSchool including but not limited to the creation of custom pages, reports, plugins, registration/enrollment process, scheduling, grade storage, APIs, EOY, New Year setup, report card setup, Parent/Student Portal.
· Experience working in a school office (preferably high school) with an understanding of the functions related to student enrollment, course coding, scheduling, and attendance.
· Experience and/or training related to PASI requirements and how to use PASI Prep to upload, maintain, and verify student information while resolving core alerts.
· Proficient in a number of applications used in an education environment such as Google, Microsoft Office, and virtual communication tools.
· Knowledge of FOIP and relevant privacy legislation.
· Aptitude for innovation and continuous improvement with strong skills in organization, goal-setting, analysis, and problem-solving.
· Must have a valid Driver’s License.
· Must provide a clear and current Vulnerable Sector Check in order to be granted an interview.
· Knowledge of the latest Education Pedagogue and the 20th century learning and teaching methodology and tools.
· Proven reputation as a person with integrity, who is reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
· Ability to work effectively as an active team member in cooperation with other school personnel, parents/guardians, therapists, instructional resource personnel and students.
· Comfortable and competent working with personal computers and other technologies to support student learning.
· Proven ability to communicate technical information to a wide variety of experienced users, from basic to intermediate.
· Accurate and timely data entry management skills.
· Commitment to lifelong learning and willingness to regularly enhance skills and knowledge for professional development.
· Ability to manage situations of conflict, frustration and unpleasantness effectively.
· Ability to respond appropriately to challenging behaviors of students with tact and diplomacy.
· Strong organizational, time management, prioritization, multitasking and pacing skills to support student scheduling.
· Strong oral, listening and communication skills.
· Straightforward decision making and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize information.
· Ability to demonstrate flexibility in work assignments.
· Ability to deal with sensitive matters discretely and maintain strict confidentiality.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.