Website TSUUT'INA NATION
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
Tsuut’ina Nation is a strong and proud First Nation committed to enhancing the quality of life for its citizens today and for future generations. In order to support its growth, Tsuut’ina Nation is seeking two (2) HR Assistants to join the Human Resources Department.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The HR Assistant is the entry-level role into the profession of Human Resources. In this role, you will support a complex employee base through their employee life cycle. This means supporting Recruitment, Benefits, Performance Management, and HRIS maintenance and data entry in a busy environment.
The position is best suited for someone who has a solid understanding of expectations for working in an office environment. The successful candidate is also experienced interacting in varying people circumstances, exceptionally strong interpersonal skills, strong character, and superior ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality. Ideally, the successful candidates are interested in formally developing their human resource knowledge through continuing education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide recruitment support and interviewing scheduling as delegated by the HR Business Partner
· Provide support and back-up on HR administrative tasks as delegated by the HR Business Partners
· Deliver administrative assistance to the Human Resources department in the areas of benefits, all employment related inquiries, maintenance of employee records & HRIS
· Answer telephone, screen & forward calls & provide information as required
· Maintain human resources file, forms, and templates
· 1-2 years direct work experience such as administrative assistant or secretary
· Must have High School Diploma, and ideally some administrative and/or HR courses
· Ability to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and handle changing priorities with composure.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to build relationships,
· Strong attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
· Must be prepared to provide a current CPIC.
· Must be prepared to abide by Tsuut’ina HR policy including drug testing.
· Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality
· Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, software.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Closes: August 7, 2020
Interested applicants may submit resumes to email@example.com.
When applying, please include “Human Resources Assistant” in the email subject line:
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.