Tsuutina Finance Department
Department: Tsuut’ina Finance
Reports to: Payroll Supervisor
Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor or their designate, you will provide high quality, accurate, ethical and professional payroll services for all Tsuut’ina Nation departments. You will accurately process payroll information and efficiently administer third party source deductions. In addition, you will be expected to assist to the Finance Department in ad hoc requests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Collect, verify, and accurately enter timesheet hours into Xyntax Accounting software.
· Review and verify source documents for completeness and proper authorization.
· Collect, verify, and accurately enter third party payroll deductions.
· Accurately process weekly payroll by established deadlines.
· Issue statements of earnings and deductions.
· Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies in an accurate, efficient and professional manner.
· Use Xyntax software to extract and analyze various payroll reports as required.
· Respond to queries from employees, managers, Portfolio Liaison Officers, and Controllers regarding payroll related matters.
· Manage and maintain comprehensive payroll records and employee master files.
· Maintain orderly physical filing system and file documents on a daily basis.
· Take responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks.
· Ensure compliance with Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual.
· Other ad hoc requests as assigned by the Payroll Supervisor, Director of Finance, or their delegate.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum two (2) years of experience in payroll processing.
· PCP or CPM Certification and/or training in Payroll administration is an asset.
· Comfortable with numbers, calculations and analyzing information.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment while maintaining high attention to detail and accuracy.
· Ability to work well both with a team and independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to communicate professionally in a customer service environment.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
· Excellent organization and time management skills.
· Experience with business communication.
· Working knowledge of Xyntax accounting software is considered an asset.
· Knowledge of Tsuut’ina Culture and Language is considered an asset.
· A valid Alberta driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
· Must be willing to complete a criminal record check.
· Must be prepared to abide by Tsuut’ina HR policy including drug testing.
· Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: January 6, 2021
Competition Closes: January 20, 2021
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org