Tsuut'ina Conservation Office/Buffalo Paddocks
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina Nation, AB T2W 6H6
Phone: 403-238-6127 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Maternity Leave Cover)
Reports to: Conservation Manager
Position Overview: The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Buffalo Paddocks Program (B.P.P) and Conservation Office (C.O). As such, this individual is required to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills to be able to deal positively with all Nation Members, professionals, and Nation Department. This position also provides general administrative support to the Range Patrol employees to ensure the effective operation of the B.P.P and C.O.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Responsible for the B.P.P and C.O. calendar: making all travel arrangements, organizing meetings and monitoring for conflicting bookings.
· Coordinates meetings on behalf of the B.P.P and C.O. including booking boardrooms, ordering refreshments, creating meeting agendas, organizing meeting packages, calling all attendees, taking minutes and keeping accurate and up to date records.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with all internal departments and external stakeholders of the Nation.
· Responsible for incoming and outgoing correspondence for the Portfolio Holders.
· Provides all administrative services required by Managers of B.P.P. and C.O. including typing notes, creating documents reports, payroll, payables and other operational requirements.
· Screens all calls for Portfolio Holders, taking messages and/or redirecting callers to the correct department.
· Anticipates problems, fields and resolves concerns using discretion, sound judgement and effective communication.
· Processing payroll and department payables
· Maintains an accurate filing system and ensures effective record management processes.
· Compiles necessary information in preparation for meetings.
· High School Diploma with an Administrative Certificate or Diploma is preferred
· Minimum of two years administrative experience
· Excellent MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skills
· Experience with Xyntax is a asset
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Proven organizational and time management skills
· Sound judgment, reliability and diplomacy are essential in this role
· Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with diverse individuals and groups while positively representing the office of the Portfolio Holders
· The ability to respond to changing needs and priorities and work with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated professionalism and ability to respect confidentiality at all times
· A valid Alberta driver’s license and reliable transportation is required
· Must be prepared to abide by Tsuut’ina HR policy including drug testing.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a 3 month probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Please apply including a resume to:
Please place department name in subject line when applying via email.