Tsuut’ina Child & Family Services Society
Department: Child and Family Services
Reports to: Chief and Council
The purpose of the the Tsuut’ina Nation Child and Family Services (Isgak’a K’anano-no Nanitin-na) Society is to deliver Child, Youth and Family Enhancement and Intervention Services to the citizens of the Tsuut’ina Nation, consistent with the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act, R.S.A. 2000, c. C-12. The services provided by the Tsuut’ina Nation Child and Family Services (Isgak’a K’anano-no Nanitin-na) Society shall be provided in a manner as to respect the culture of the Tsuut’ina Nation, including traditions, language, lifestyle and the relevance of the extended family.
The Tsuut’ina Nation is currently seeking to fill one Board of Directors Position for Child and Family Services that is incorporated under the Societies Act of Alberta. The Board of Directors will oversee the operations of Child and Family Services. The Board of Directors will be appointed by the Members of the Society who are made up of the Tsuut’ina Nation Chief and Council. Before appointing any Board of Directors, applicants are required to submit an application through the Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Department.
- Human Resources will review the applications and then determine suitable candidate based on qualifications and complete application with all required documents.
- Human Resources will provide a list of qualified applicants to the Members of the Society.
- The Members of the Society will select the Board of Directors from the list of qualified applicants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly attends Board meetings and important related meetings.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Established Board vision of Policy for the Society.
- Acts to ensure that the goals that have been established and are being met within the traditional culture and values of Tsuut’ina Nation.
- Willing to undertake required courses and training in Child and Family Services and Board Governance training offered through the Province of Alberta.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The Board of Directors is made up of 6 individuals, including 1 elder. The elder who is appointed to the Board of Directors will serve in an advisory capacity only, and will not be entitled to vote.
The remaining 5 individuals who are appointed to the Board of Directors must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
- A citizen of Tsuut’ina of the Nation.
- A criminal record check that includes vulnerable sector check from all provinces states or countries lived in for the last five years that have been completed within the last month. Provide Upon application.
- Child intervention check from all provinces states or countries lived in the last five years that have been completed within the last month. Must provide original.
- Valid driver’s license. Provide a copy.
Please apply in writing, including a resume to;
Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Department 9911 Chiila Blvd, Tsuut’ina Nation, Alberta T2W 6H6
Phone: 403 238 6127 email; Jobs@tsuutina.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only qualified applicants with all required documents will be interviewed, will be contacted.
Competition Opens: January 22, 2021
Competition Closes: February 8, 2021