Tsuut'ina Child & Family Services
Title: Generalist Case Worker
Department: Child and Family Services
Reports to: Tsuut’ina Nation Delegated First Nation Agency – Caseworker Supervisor
A Generalist Casework provides a full range of Child Intervention and Family Enhancement Services to Children and Families in a collaborative holistic manner working in a supportive team environment.
Duties and responsibilities
· Provide delegated Child Intervention and Enhancement services as per the Child and Family Enhancement Act of Alberta to the Children Youth and Families of Tsuut’ina Nation.
· Work collaboratively to follow up with referrals and utilize Community Resources.
· Develop safety plans and facilitating group conferencing.
· Determining and assessing risk to children.
· Evaluate client progress and provide support to children and families using a strength based approach and trauma informed sensitivity.
· Delegated case management duties, maintaining child intervention files and data entry.
· Assess needs for services and permanency planning needs of the children on an assigned caseload.
· Conduct intake responsibilities and or joint interviews as required.
· Court work required; CFS applications, court hearings, case work, case conferences, Nation Designate consultations.
· Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent ie. Human Services Degree plus some direct related experience working with Children and Families.
· Must have completed Delegation training within the Province of Alberta.
· Must have strong verbal and written assessment skills as well as ability to assess family function needs, risks and strengths.
· Knowledge of the signs of safety approach to Children Protection Practice.
· Must have flexibility in their schedule as the agency provides 24/7 service, Delegated staff are required to participate in an on call/afterhours rotation which includes evenings weekends and Holidays.
· Mentor experience working with indigenous families, cultures and or language.
· Experience working in a frontline Child Protection role is essential.
· Valid Alberta driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
· Final candidates for this position will be asked to provide verification of completed criminal record check, intervention record check and proof of academia.
Competition open: December 10, 2020
Competition closed: When a suitable candidate are found.
Note: Please note that this organization adheres to sections 1-9 of the aboriginal employee preference policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be under a three month probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Please apply in writing including a resume to: Tsuut’ina Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Blvd, Tsuut’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6 Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com