Tsuu t'ina Education
**Curriculum Coordinator Administrative Support/Assistant**
Title: Curriculum Coordinator Administrative Support/Assistant
Department: Tsuut’ina Education
Reports to: Curriculum Coordinator
Designation: Temporary Position until June 30, 2022
To provide administrative, secretarial and office management support, often in an independent manner. This position is accountable for providing effective and accurate support services to ensure the efficient workflow and operation of the Curriculum Department as well as for providing and disseminating accurate Tsuut’ina culture and language information regarding schools, procedures, practices and policies.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
● Serves as Curriculum Coordinator Administrative/Assistant to the Curriculum Coordinator of the Department of Tsuut’ina Education.
● Read and analyze incoming lesson plans, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
● Provides accurate word processing support by composing and/or editing a variety of documents including lesson plans, Tsuut’ina language and culture content, Tsuut’ina Ninisha Google drive, and Tsuut’ina Education webpage.
● Coordinates meetings, land-based activities and conferences. Prepares agendas in advance, arrange meeting facilities and notify appropriate parties by meeting invite or email. Record and distribute meeting minutes.
● Arrange and prepare itineraries for both corporate and personal for Curriculum Coordinator and land-based programming.
● Assist in organizing meetings and/or special events. Arrange for catering, locations, distribution of information with respect to the event and any gifts or handouts for the event.
● Participate and assist in research, gathering and sorting Tsuut’ina language and culture and interviews with elders and knowledge keepers.
● Maintain office and staff files.
● Prepare reports and summaries as requested by the curriculum coordinator.
● Serves as a resource to staff in the Education department in procedures and methodology.
● Grade 12 or equivalent.
● Post-secondary Executive Assistant certificate or equivalent.
● Minimum 2 to 3 years related experience in an office environment.
● Must own a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
● Vulnerable Sector Check submitted with resume.
● High degree of proficiency in office computer applications such as word processing, excel, Google, powerpoint, publishing and other information management tools.
● Strong data entry skills with an emphasis on accuracy.
● Ability to multi-task and work with continuous interruptions.
● Exceptional customer service orientation.
● Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
● Strong conflict management skills.
● Professionalism, tact, courtesy and diplomacy skills.
● Ability to deal with sensitive and discretionary matters and maintain confidentiality.
● Ability to work independently or under general supervision.
● Is familiar with Tsuut’ina Language and culture protocols.
● Ability to maintain a working relationship with Tsuut’ina elders, knowledge keepers, and Tsuut’ina Gunaha Institute.
● Is familiar with writing, editing, and developing lesson plans.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
If you are a successful candidate you must provide proof of COVID vaccination, or you may select to produce a negative PCR (molecular polymerase chain reaction) or rapid test result, date-stamped within 72 hours of every scheduled work day/shift, on an ongoing basis starting on December 14, 2021. These tests will be paid for by the employee.
· Employees who are unable to get vaccinated due to medical reasons may request an exemption and accommodation, upon providing written confirmation from a registered physician that they are unable to get vaccinated due to medical reasons.
· Depending on your position – a Vulnerable Sector check may be required upon application from all provinces, states or countries lived in for the last four years. Vulnerable Sector checks must be completed within the past month.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: January 13th, 2022
Competition Closes: January 27th, 2022 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
Fax: (403) 238-6125
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org