Tsuu t'ina Daycare
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuut’ina Nation, AB T2W 6H6
ON CALL – CHILD CARE WORKER
Department: TSUUT’INA DAYCARE
Reports to: DAYCARE DIRECTOR
The child care worker is responsible for a small group of children, perform activities that ensure the health, safety, and progress of each child in group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Planning of both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
· Meet the emotional, social, physical and cognitive needs of each child in the program.
· Encourage assistants or volunteers to contribute to curriculum weekly/monthly planning.
· Coordinate field trips.
· Prepare monthly plan charts as per child observations.
· Complete bi-annual assessment of children’s development.
· Report progress of children to parents in bi-annual reports and through parent-teacher conferences.
· Maintain daily open communication with parents.
· Keep accident/incident reports in appropriate child records.
· Maintain anecdotal records in an orderly fashion for parents, supervisor and professionals as requested.
· Maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Report any suspect abuse to Supervisor or Director.
· Arrange a classroom environment in accordance to License regulations, program goals and philosophy.
· Maintain a safe and healthy environment.
· Inspect and replace damaged or lost materials and toys.
· Attend in service and staff meetings.
· Supervise assistants, aides and volunteers in the classroom.
· Keep all appropriate records such as miscellaneous records, medication records, attendance and time sheets.
· Meet all applicable licensing regulations at all times during operation.
· Early Learning Child Care Certificate – Child Development Assistant Certificate
· Early Learning Child Care Certificate – Child Development Worker
· Early Learning Child Care Diploma – Child Development Supervisor
· High School Diploma
· Must provide a Vulnerable Sector Check
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a six-month probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: September 15th, 2021
Competition Closes: September 29th, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com