Tsuu t'ina Daycare
Department: Tsuut’ina Nation Daycare Centre
Reports to: Tsuut’ina Daycare Director
The Custodian is responsible for performing custodial duties, minor maintenance and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that municipal buildings and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
· Follows and completes the center’s daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule. These duties include:
o Collects and bags all garbage from the center, placing the tied bags in the closed dumpster.
o Disinfects and cleans garbage and trashcans, and changes garbage bags daily.
o Washes and sanitizes bathrooms fixtures daily with germicidal solution.
o Using germicidal solution, wet mops all washable floors daily including kitchen, bathrooms, office and classrooms.
o Washes bathroom, kitchen, classrooms and other windows (inside and outside) and walls using germicidal solution as scheduled or needed.
· Vacuums all carpeting daily.
· Sweeps and clears entrance spaces, daily.
· Dusts, washes and sanitizes other surfaces as specified in schedule.
· Performs other cleaning duties as specified in schedule.
· Refills paper towel, tissue, toilet paper and hand soap in all dispensers.
· Changes light bulbs, as needed.
· Reports the following to the Director, or designated staff person:
o Presence of animals, pests or insects.
o Need for cleaning supplies or equipment repair in advance.
o Water leaks, and other maintenance needs.
o All other health and safety hazards noticed.
· Participates in emergency drills and environmental safety activities, as requested.
· Attends and participates in center pre-service and in-service trainings.
· Performs other duties as specified in job description postscript or as assigned.
· Grade 12 High School Diploma or the equivalent
· Must complete Vulnerable sector check
· Custodial experience is an asset
· WHIMIS Certification
· Maintenance experience is an asset
· General knowledge of housekeeping skills, i.e.; washing and care of floors, polishing, mopping and other duties
· Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment and interact positively with Members, tenants, employees and visitors
· Proven consistency and reliability
· Ability to understand and promote confidentiality
· Must be willing to obtain further training as required
· A valid Alberta driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
· Must be prepared to provide a current (6 months or less) Criminal Record Check
· Must be prepared to abide by Tsuut’ina HR policy including drug testing.
· Must sign an Oath of Confidentiality
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: September 10, 2021
Competition Closes: September 23, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com