Tsuu t'ina Administrative Building
Department: T.U.S. Consultation
Reports to: Consultation Director
Reporting to the Consultation Director, the Office Manager is a senior professional and is responsible for overall operations for the Administration Office for the Tsuut’ina T.U.S. Consultation Department. This individual is required to administer and enforce current Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources operating policy and procedures. They shall oversee day to day administration personnel and maintain effective business operations for the Tsuut’ina T.U.S. Consultation Department. They shall adhere to their roles and responsibilities as it is outlined in this job description.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Report directly to Consultation Director
· Answering, screening and directing all incoming calls
· Retrieve mail and parcels from main desk, document date and record
· Create written correspondence for the Consultation Director
· Maintain personnel files to include contracts, certifications, oath of confidentiality signed forms, special requests, leave forms and other pertinent staff documentation.
· Maintain and track all agreements to ensure financial and other deliverables are met on a timely basis.
· Prepare and assist with minutes for all office meetings
· Assist Consultation Director and Staff as directed
· Ensure office is maintained to the professional level by organization and tidiness
· Ensure office area is secure at all times
· Travel to and attend all meetings that pertain to Tsuut’ina Nation Consultation as directed by the Consultation Director
· Be a resource to; and assist, the T.U.S. Consultation Department in day to day administration and Tsuut’ina Nation with regards to consultation portfolios and projects
· Attend all community level meetings that pertain to consultation or as directed by the Consultation Director or the Lands Portfolio Liaison Officer
· Attend all workshops and training as directed by the Consultation Director or the Lands Portfolio Liaison Officer.
· Maintain and update all accounts payable acquired by Tsuut’ina Nation Consultation Department
· Maintain and track all accounts receivables, collections and payment reminders.
· Prepare all outgoing invoices for payment, confer with Finance on incoming payments and cross reference with agreements and projects. Work with the database technician to ensure that the files are up to date
· Create Purchase Order and Cheque Requisitions as required for administration services. Obtain approval from T.U.S. Director, Executive Director, and Director of Finance prior to submission
· Prepare submit and obtain approval of Payroll and submit to Tsuut’ina Nation Payroll Department
· Prepare payroll with related forms and secure director’s approval prior to submission, assist with any leave requests for staff and forward to director for approval.
· Prepare and provide all travel expense for Tsuut’ina T.U.S. Consultation Department
· Other duties that may arise in relation to the position
· Post-secondary (Business Administration Certificate) or minimum 5 years previous work experience as it pertains to this portion with the Tsuut’ina Nation
· Proven ability to management confidential and sensitive information
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Strong organization and prioritizing skills
· Excellent work ethic, independent and results-oriented
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resource Policy Procedures, mission, and vision and Charities mandate
· Strong group facilitation and engaging skills
· Resourceful problem-solving abilities
· Must be able to work within a team environment
· Knowledge of MS Software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Xyntax
· Must be professional
· Valid drivers license and reliable transportation required
· Willingness and ability to travel as required
· Willingness and ability to work after hours and/or weekends when required
· Must be able to pass drug and alcohol testing as it is set out in the Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual
· Must sign Oath of Confidentiality
· Must provide a Criminal Record Check
· If you are a successful candidate you must provide proof of COVID vaccination, or you may select to produce a negative PCR (molecular polymerase chain reaction) or rapid test result, date-stamped within 72 hours of every scheduled work day/shift, on an ongoing basis starting on December 14, 2021. These tests will be paid for by the employee.
Employees who are unable to get vaccinated due to medical reasons may request an exemption and accommodation, upon providing written confirmation from a registered physician that they are unable to get vaccinated due to medical reasons.
Depending on your position – a Vulnerable Sector check may be required upon application from all provinces, states or countries lived in for the last four years. Vulnerable Sector checks must be completed within the past month.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: November 17th, 2021
Competition Closes: December 1st,2021 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
Fax: (403) 238-6125
Please reference in subject line: Executive Assistant & REF#114 or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org