Tsuu t'ina Education
Tsuut’ina Education Department
Department: Chiila Elementary School, Chief Big Belly Middle School, Many Horses High School
Reports to: Head Cook, Principal
Designation: 12 month – Contract Position
The Cook will work under the direction of the Head Cook and the Principal to provide hot lunch for the school students.
Summary of essential job functions:
· Cook meals including daily hot lunches for the students and staff of the school.
· Ensure the quality of the food meet the guidelines as expressed in the Canada Food Guide.
· Ensure the kitchen area is clean at all times and falls within the guidelines of the Canada Food Act.
· Serve students during the day in a helpful and courteous manner.
· Maintain, clean and have full knowledge of all equipment used in the kitchen area.
· Arranges and sets up the lunch area as required.
· Assist with school special events as required.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Grade 12 or relevant work experience.
· Knowledge of food handling and preparation techniques.
· Standard First Aid and CPR certificates preferred.
· Ability to work well with students and establish a positive rapport.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· Trustworthiness and dependability.
· Ability to determine and set priorities.
· Must be physically fit.
· Willingness to enhance knowledge, skills and strategies through personal development opportunities.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Please apply in writing, including a Resume and clear Vulnerable Sector Check to:
Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Department 9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuut’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com and put the Reference Number in the Subject Line #
NOTE: A Vulnerable Sector check from all provinces states or countries lived in for the last five years that have been completed within the last month MUST be provided upon application.
Competition Opens: September 8, 2021
Competition Closes: September 21, 2021