Title: IT Field Technician (Level 1)
Department: Information Technology (IT) Department
Reports to: Information Technology (IT) Director
A Level 1 support filters help desk calls and provides basic support and troubleshooting, such as password resets, printer configurations, break/fix instructions, ticket routing and escalation to Level 3 support; gathers information about the user’s issue and determines the best way to resolve their problem while providing support to IT staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Review ticket queue for new help tickets on a regular basis
· Prioritize outstanding tickets
· Work consistently and quickly to resolve the cases they are qualified to handle.
· Take incoming telephone and e-mail software & hardware support requests from our customer bases. This includes recording calls in a call tracking system, resolving the question or problem or escalating it in a timely manner, and updating internal and external documentation as needed.
· Train customers in the use of our software. Training may be completed in classes in our office’s training facility or via web conference.
· Creates and maintains an inventory of all Nation hardware, software licenses and authorized users
· Orders, tracks and updates inventory for all IT-related products while invoicing and receiving payment from appropriate departments for purchases
· Assists in providing support to improve system environment and services (network speed and infrastructure)
· Designs configuration and administration processes to support on-going projects, moves and changes
· Achieves agreed targets in terms of quality, time and cost
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, coordinating repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment.
• Maintains e-mail and domain accounts including set-up, changes and de-activation
• Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Operating Systems, and Internet applications.
· Any other duties as assigned by management.
· Minimum Grade 12 Diploma
· 1-2 years of related work experience in call center, computer support, or customer service experience preferred.
· Additional IT and Network certifications and trainings is preferred
· Proven reliability and consistency
· Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal.
· Detail oriented, customer focused professional is essential
· Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by required deadlines, are key requirements in this position
· Must be willing to work outside regular business hours as required by implementation of special projects, and emergencies; travel between various departments/companies.
If you are a successful candidate you must provide proof of COVID vaccination, or you may select to produce a negative PCR (molecular polymerase chain reaction) or rapid test result, date-stamped within 72 hours of every scheduled work day/shift, on an ongoing basis starting on December 14, 2021. These tests will be paid for by the employee.
· Employees who are unable to get vaccinated due to medical reasons may request an exemption and accommodation, upon providing written confirmation from a registered physician that they are unable to get vaccinated due to medical reasons.
· Depending on your position – a Vulnerable Sector check may be required upon application from all provinces, states or countries lived in for the last four years. Vulnerable Sector checks must be completed within the past month.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: January 6th,2022
Competition Closes: January 20th,2022 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
Fax: (403) 238-6125
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com