Title: Executive Assistant
Department(s): Tsuu T’ina Education
Reports to: Director of Education
Designation: 12 month, Full-time
To provide confidential administrative, secretarial and office management support, often in an independent manner. This position is accountable for providing effective and accurate support services to ensure the efficient workflow and operation of the Education Department as well as for providing and disseminating accurate information regarding schools, procedures, practices and policies.
Summary of essential job functions:
· Serves as Executive Assistant to the Tsuu T’ina Board of Trustees and Director of Education. Sorts and refers mail and email, answering routine correspondence as necessary.
· Reads and analyzes incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
· Provides accurate word-processing support by composing and/or editing a variety of documents. This includes many highly confidential correspondence, memoranda, contracts and proposals.
· Coordinates meetings and conferences. Prepares agenda in advance, arranges meeting facilities and notifies appropriate parties verbally of meeting or conference. Acts as recording secretary and prepares action minutes.
· Arrange travel, hotel and car reservations and prepare itinerary, both corporate and personal for the Board of Trustees and Education Director.
· Assists with organize meetings and/or special events including, meeting, etc. Arrange for catering, locations, distribution of information with respect to the event and any gifts or handouts for the event.
· Maintains office and employee files.
· Assists with Education payroll.
· Processes and verifies staff absentee and vacation records according to established procedures.
· Prepares reports and summaries as requested by director.
· Oversees other administrative support staff. Arranges their training and monitors production and proficiency. Serves as a resource to staff in the Education department in procedures and methodology. May provide input for the preparation of performance evaluations.
· In conjunction with the Education director, coordinates the assignment of work within the office.
· Grade 12 or equivalent.
· Minimum 2 to 3 years related experience in an office environment.
· Must own reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
· High degree of proficiency in office computer applications such as word processing, publishing and presentation applications, Xyntax, email and other information management tools.
· Strong data entry skills with an emphasis on accuracy.
· Ability to multi task and work with continuous interruptions.
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· Strong time management, prioritization, multitasking and organizational skills.
· Strong interpersonal and strong verbal, listening and written communication skills combined with the ability to speak with confidence.
· Strong conflict management skills.
· Professionalism, tact, courtesy and diplomacy skills.
· Ability to deal with sensitive and discretionary matters and maintain strict confidentiality.
· Ability to work independently under general supervision.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Competition Opens: May 6th, 2022
Competition Closes: May 20th, 2022 @ 12:00PM MT (No applications will be considered after this time)
Please apply in writing, including a resume to:
TsuuT’ina Nation Human Resources Department
9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuu T’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
OR Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com
Please reference in subject line: JOB TITLE & REF# or will NOT be opened
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those chosen with the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.