Tsuut’ina Education Department
Vice Principal – Many Horses High School Ref #34
Title: Vice Principal
Department: Tsuut’ina Education Department
Reports to: Principals, Director of Education
Designation: 12 month – Contract Position
The Vice Principal shall primarily be responsible for implementing student behavior modification policy as set by the Principal and Education Director. The Vice Principal will conduct himself/herself in a professional manner befitting the position and on behalf of the school. The Vice Principal must be fully prepared to assume the role of Principal in his/her absence. The Vice Principal’s successful performance in this position requires the ability to work in a team environment, valuing and motivating staff and students to give their best efforts for the good of the school.
· The Vice Principal reports directly to the Principal and Director of Education as needed.
· Converse regularly with parents to report both positive and negative incidents for students within the school.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Primarily be responsible for implementing student behavior modification policy as set by the Principal and Director of Education.
· Provide the Principal with assistance in preparing timetables, school handbooks, forms contracts and agreements as required.
· Provide assistance and guidance in planning and preparing all school functions and activities.
· Provide the Diverse Education staff with administrative support and assistance towards behavior modification programs for those students exhibiting challenging behaviors.
· Contact substitutes for those staff that are unable to attend work on any given day.
· Ensure that rules and guidelines as specified by the Principal and Director of Education are adhered to.
· Provide instructional and administrative support for the promotion of the Tsuut’ina Language and Culture curriculum.
· Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Tsuut’ina Nation Administration Policies and Procedures.
· Be prepared to assume the role of the Principal in his/her absence.
· Subject to the Vice Principal’s fixed term agreement, carry out those duties that are assigned to the Vice Principal by the Principal and Director of Education.
· Strong technology skills with an emphasis on accuracy.
· Effective leadership, coaching and supervisory skills.
· Ability to multi task and work with continuous interruptions.
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· Strong time management, prioritization, multitasking and organizational skills.
· Strong interpersonal and strong verbal, listening and written communication skills combined with the ability to speak with confidence.
· Strong conflict management skills.
· Professionalism, tact, courtesy and diplomacy skills.
· Ability to deal with sensitive and discretionary matters and maintain strict confidentiality.
· Ability and success in building productive relationships with co-workers, staff and other internal and external stakeholders.
· Knowledge of Power School is an asset.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor of Education Degree, holds an Alberta Permanent Certificate Professional Teaching Certificate.
· Minimum of 2 years district or system leadership experience would be an asset.
· School Administration experience would be an asset.
· Alberta Educational Leadership and/or Superintendent Leadership Standards Certification would be an asset.
· Related Leadership Experience in the areas of: Curriculum, Data/Assessment.
· Experience in First Nation school administration.
· Current Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Welfare Intervention Check.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment.
Please apply in writing, including a Resume and clear Vulnerable Sector Check to:
Tsuut’ina Nation Human Resources Department 9911 Chiila Boulevard, Tsuut’ina, Alberta T2W 6H6
Email: Jobs@tsuutina.com and put the Reference Number in the Subject Line #34
NOTE: A Vulnerable Sector check from all provinces states or countries lived in for the last five years that have been completed within the last month MUST be provided upon application.
Competition Opens: April 28, 2021
Competition Closes: May 11, 2021