Department: Tsuut'ina Elders Program
Reporting to the Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for administration of day to day activities in order to ensure effective and efficient operations. In this role, the incumbent will provide confidential administrative, secretarial and office management support, often in an independent manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
· Apply critical thinking skills to prioritize issues received from internal and external stakeholders; anticipate potential issues and provide solutions, bring forward to concerns and resolve sensitive issues using discretion, sound judgment and effective communication.
· Provide a variety of administrative duties to ensure operations are maintained in an effective and accurate manner.
· Provide support to the Elder’s Coordinator to ensure the Elder’s Centre is provided with the proper resources and information to effectively manage the Program.
· Maintain confidential files and records.
· Proofread reports and documents as requested.
· Assist with coordination of events and Elder’s transportation.
· Direct calls and respond to enquiries with professionalism.
· Travel with the Elder’s Coordinator and provide general assistance with events.
· Arrange travel and accommodation when requested.
· Proficient with using a variety of software packages to produce correspondence and documents, and maintain presentations, spreadsheets and the database.
· Liaise with other departments or external contacts.
· Ensure all communication materials are up to date and contact information is precise.
· Take the minutes for the Elder’s meetings.
· Monitor cleanliness and sanitation of all areas used by Elders.
· Follow policies and procedures for Tsuut’ina Nation.
· Handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
· Professional and courteous attitude and demeanor at all times.
· Participate in professional development.
· Must be able to work independently, have strong organization and time management skills with the ability to multitask, and be flexible to change.
· Ensure that all urgent matters are brought to the attention of the Elders Coordinator and that they are apprised of all issues carried out on their behalf.
· Create Weekly Reports for the Elders Coordinator.
· Minimum of 2 years of Administrative Assistant experience.
· Ability to navigate Xyntax programming, is required.
· Knowledgeable about Tsuut’ina Language, Culture and History.
· Knowledge of Tsuut’ina Cultural Protocol.
Please note that this organization adheres to Sections 1 – 9 of the Aboriginal Employee Preference Policy for selection and displacement. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be under a three-month probationary period at the commencement of his or her employment. A current and clear Vulnerable Sector Check will be required for this role.
Competition Opens: March 22, 2021
Competition Closes: April 6, 2021