CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES
Title: Generalist Caseworker
Department: Child & Family Services
Reports to: Tsuut’ina Nation Delegated First Nation Agency – Casework Supervisor
A Generalist Caseworker provides a full range of child intervention and family enhancement services to children and families in a collaborative, holistic manner working in a supportive team environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
· Provide delegated child intervention and enhancement services as per the Child Youth Family Enhancement Act of Alberta, to the children, youth and families of Tsuut’ina Nation
· Work collaboratively to follow up with referrals and utilize community resources
· Develop safety plans and facilitating family group conferencing
· Determining and assessing risk to children
· Evaluate client progress and provide support to children and families using a strength-based approach and trauma informed sensitivity
· Delegated case management duties, maintaining Child Intervention files and data entry
· Assessing need for services and permanency planning needs of the children on an assigned caseload
· Conduct intake responsibilities, conduct investigations and/or joint interviews as required
· Court Work required: CFS applications, court hearings, case conferences, Nation Designate consultations
· Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent (Human Services Degree) plus some direct related experience working with children and families.
· Must have completed Delegation training within the Province of Alberta
· Must have strong verbal and written assessment skills as well as the ability to assess family functioning, needs, risks and strengths
· Knowledge of the Signs of Safety approach to child protection practice.
· Must have flexibility in their schedule as the Agency provides 24/7 service, delegated staff are required to participate in an on-call/after-hours rotation which includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Possess knowledge or experience working with Indigenous families, cultures and/or language.
· Experience working in a front line child protection role is essential.
· Valid Alberta Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
· Final candidates for this position will be asked to provide verification of completed Criminal Record Check, Intervention Record Check and proof of academia.