CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES
Department: Tsuut’ina Child & Family Services Society
Reports to: Casework Supervisor
A full-time foster/kinship care worker; reporting to the Casework/Foster Care Supervisor of Tsuut’ina Child & Family Services. Will assist in the implementation of the Foster/Kinship Care Program of TNCFSS that includes the recruitment, training and support of foster/kinship homes. Assist child and family services personnel with placement needs of children requiring out of home care and working as a member of the Tsuut’ina Child and Family Services team.
• Recruits, screens, trains and supports foster/kinship homes for the TNCFSS.
• Assists child & family services personnel with the placement needs of children requiring out of home placements.
• Prepares home assessments and annual evaluations for all foster and kinship homes.
Knowledge & Skills:
Education: Social Work or related Degree and three years related experience or Human Services Diploma with minimum 3 years related experience.
Preferred training: Train the Trainer, Home Assessment training and CICIO. Delegation Training formerly CPS (Child Protection Services) training will be a significant asset.
· Current & Valid Alberta driver’s license; own vehicle with $2M auto liability insurance
· Intervention Record Check & Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) with vulnerable sector check.
· A copy of diploma/degree must be submitted with resume
· Knowledge of Tsuut’ina and its programs
Salary will be based on academic & professional qualifications